This post is dedicated to Sara, my freezing friend across the ocean.
Signs that the apartment you live in resembles an icebox:
- The toothpaste seems to have frozen inside of the tube.
- You go online to buy uber-warm winter socks. When the livechat representative tells you that the ’40 below’ socks are meant for those winter football games, you think ‘or sitting in my apartment.’
- When it is finally 50 degrees outside, you open all the windows in your apartment because it’s warmer outdoors than indoors.
- When you sit on your living room couch, you feel a distinct breeze. If the blowing air wasn’t so frigid, you might be able to imagine yourself sitting by the sea.
- You wear a ski hat. Indoors. All the time.
- You want to stay under your warm flannel sheets. All. Day.
Based on a true story.
Oh, summer, I was only joking when I said I couldn’t wait for you to end!
Some sunny pictures to keep you warm. Inspired by Eden’s latest favorite song. And mine, too. Who wouldn’t melt hearing an almost-2-year-old singing “you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happpeeeeee….”? I’m melting as I type this just from the thought. Oh my Eden.